Preparation and directions for usage
Important: Powdered infant formula is not sterile. Formula should be prepared immediately prior to feeding. Do not boil formula and do not use a microwave to prepare or warm formula.
All Aptamil products carry preparation instructions. Please see packaging for further information. Tins should be stored in a cool, dry place; do not refrigerate, and use contents within four weeks of opening.
1. Wash hands and sterilise all utensils according to manufacturer’s instructions.
2. Boil 1 litre of fresh water. Leave kettle to cool for 30 minutes and no longer. Measure the required amount of water (refer to feeding guide) into a sterilised bottle. Be careful of scalding. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
3. Using the scoop provided, level off the powder with the built-in leveller. Do not press/heap the powder.
4. Add the correct measure of powder to the water. Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake vertically and vigorously for 25 seconds to dissolve the powder.
5. Cool under running tap. Check temperature of feed. Feed immediately.
Recommended feed concentration
One level scoop (as provided in the tin) provides approximately 4.8g of powder.
Add one level scoop of powder to every fluid ounce (30ml) of water to yield the recommended feed concentration.
Use the quantity of Aptamil Pepti 2 advised by your doctor or dietitian. If it is recommended that you feed Aptamil Pepti 2 in the same quantities as a standard infant formula, then the information above may be used. Your baby may need more
or less shown in the table, which is provided as a guide.
Maltodextrin, Hydrolysed whey protein (from milk), Vegetable oils (Palm oil, Coconut oil, Rapeseed oil, High oleic sunflower oil, Sunflower oil), Galacto-oligosaccharides (GOS) (from milk), Calcium phosphate, Emulsifiers (citric acid esters of mono- and di-glycerides of fatty acids), Fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS), Fish oil, Potassium chloride, Magnesium hydrogen phosphate, Oil from Mortierella alpina, Sodium chloride, Choline chloride, Vitamin C, L-Tyrosine, Inositol, Taurine, Ferrous sulphate, Zinc sulphate, L-Carnitine, Sodium citrate, Vitamin E, Uridine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Cytidine 5'-monophosphate, Pantothenic acid, Adenosine 5'-monophosphate, Inosine 5'-monophosphate sodium salt, Nicotinamide, Guanosine 5'- monophosphate sodium salt, Copper sulphate, Vitamin A, Riboflavin, Thiamin, Vitamin B6, Potassium iodide, Folic acid, Manganese sulphate, Sodium selenite, Vitamin K1, Biotin, Vitamin D3, Vitamin B12.
*This product is designed for the dietary management of cow's milk allergy, so the milk proteins present have been broken down (hydrolysed) to reduce the likelihood of them causing an allergic reaction.
Allergy Advice: For allergens, see ingredients in bold.