Level 4 puréed dysphagia diet
450g rib-eye beef
1 tbsp oil
30ml instant gravy
Carrot puree (refer to Carrot IDDSI Level 4 recipe)
Broccoli puree (refer to Broccoli IDDSI Level 4 recipe)
Mashed potato puree (refer to Mashed Potato IDDSI Level 4 recipe)
~1 scoop Nutilis Clear
Avocado & spinach puree (See Avocado & Spinach IDDSI Level 4 recipe)
- Trim and dice the beef evenly.
- Place a saucepan on high heat and add the oil. Add the beef and allow it to brown before adding the water.
- Allow the beef to simmer until tender (approx 3 hours).
- Strain the meat through a sieve (keeping the juice from the meat) and put the cooked beef into the blender. Add half of the juice from the meat back in as it is blending.
- Check the consistency of the blended meat and add approximately 1 tablespoon of instant gravy before blending again until a smooth puree forms.
- Pass the puree through a fine metal sieve. Use a clean spoon to scrape the outside of the sieve.
- If needed, add a little more instant gravy.
- Add the Nutilis Clear, stir and leave to stand until desired thickness has been achieved.
- Plate the beef puree, carrot puree, broccoli puree and potato puree as shown in the video. Serve with thickened gravy (IDDSI Level 4 consistency).
All food tests should be conducted in line with guidance from the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI). Always test foods at the temperature at which they are intended to be served at.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s preparation and presentation tip videos.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.