Streak and chips
- Lay out 40cm clingfilm on a flat surface and brush the centre area with gravy browning.
- Place the beef into the centre of the clingfilm and flatten into a steak-like shape.
- With a knife, mark parallel lines diagonally through your steak. Brush the meat with gravy browning to give a “grilled” look.
- Loosely wrap the steak in the clingfilm and refrigerate until set, approx. 1-2 hours.
- Line a baking tray with clingfilm and half fill the tray with the mashed potato puree, flattening it out into a rectangle shape.
- Place this into the fridge until set, approx. 2 hours.
- Once set, slice the potato into chip-like shapes.
- Start plating: pipe the onion, mushroom and pea purees onto the plate (optional). Unwrap your steak from the clingfilm and place on the plate. Stack your potato chips on the plate and brush with turmeric and malt vinegar mix (optional).
- Place prepared plate in oven at 120°C for 30 minutes.
All food tests should be conducted in line with guidance from the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI). Always test foods at the temperature at which they are intended to be served at.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s preparation and presentation tip videos.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.