Fortisip Compact Protein
Fortisip Compact Protein is a high energy, high protein, low volume oral nutritional supplement for the dietary management of disease-related malnutrition.
With 9 choices, we're in favour of flavour
Protein intake is important in patients with disease-related malnutrition
- ·Inadequate protein intake is more likely to occur in patients with disease-related malnutrition1
- Patients with disease-related malnutrition tend to have a poor appetite and lower intakes of protein and other nutrients1
- Protein requirements can increase by up to 50% depending on the patient’s clinical condition2
High protein oral nutritional supplements* deliver clinical and economic outcomes1
High protein ONS increase nutritional intake without suppressing appetite or voluntary food intake**
Compliance to an oral nutritional supplement is key to achieving optimal outcomes
*RNI (Reference Nutrient Intake) males +50yrs excluding Na, K, and Cl
†ONS with ≥20% of energy from protein. ‡Based on meta analysis compared to control.
- Deutz NEP et al. Clin Nutr. 2014: 33: 929–936.
- Bauer J et al. JAMDA 2013; 14: 543–559.
- Cawood AC et al. Ageing Res Rev. 2012; 11: 278–296
- Hubbard GP et al. Clin Nutr. Supp. 2009; 4(2): 41
- Malnutrition Pathway. https://www.malnutritionpathway.co.uk/ [25.01.2020].
- Brown F et al. JNutr Health Aging. 2020
Fortisip Compact Protein is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of disease related malnutrition and must be used under medical supervision