Aptamil Pepti Syneo
The only Extensively Hydrolysed Formula (EHF) in Ireland with a unique combination of scGOS / lcFOS* and Bifidobacterium breve M-16V that work synergistically.
Compared to non-synbiotic EHFs, Aptamil Pepti Syneo has been shown to support IMPROVED symptom management1-3†,4±
- Reduction in abdominal discomfort and wind1†
- Reduction in atopic dermatitis severity3†,4^
- Reduction in constipation1,4 and dry stools4
PLUS the presence of scGOS/lcFOS* and Bifidobacterium Breve M-16V helps rebalance the gut microbiota4 to support immune development and long-term health5–8
The Syneo blend is a patented combination of scGOS/lcFOS* and Bifidobacterium Breve M-16V working in synergy
- Proven to promote the growth of beneficial bacteria in the infant gut9–11
- Extensively studied in infants11,12–17
Bifidobacterium Breve M-16V
- Increases beneficial bacteria in the gut2,4,18–21
- Is the most common Bifidobacterium in breastmilk6,22, and the dominant species in the gut of healthy breast-fed infants7,22–24
- Evidence shows B. Breve M-16V reduces the allergic response more than other tested bacteria strains22–27
Evidence shows that the combination of scGOS/lcFOS* and Bifidobacterium breve M-16V positively influences the gut microbiota of formula-fed infants2,4
- Atwal K et al. Poster Presentation. European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Food Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting 2020.
- Browne et al. Poster Presentation. European Academy of Allergy and Clinical Immunology Paediatric Allergy and Anaphylaxis Meeting 2019.
- Browne et al. British Society Allergy and Clinical Immunology Meeting 2019.
- Van der Aa LB et al. Clin Exp Allergy. 2010;(40):795–804.
- Van der Aa LB et al. Allergy. 2011;66:170–177.
- Martin R et al. Benef Microbes. 2010;1(4):367–82.
- Wopereis H et al. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2014;25:428–38.
- Harvey BM et al. Pediatr Res. 2014;75:343–51.
- Kunz C et al. AnnuRev Nutr. 2000;20:699–722.
- Knol et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2005 Jan;40(1):36–42.
- Moro et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2002 Mar;34(3):291–5.
- Arslanoglu S et al. J Biol Regul Homeost Agents. 2012;26:49–59.
- Knol J et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2003;3:566.
- Moro G et al. Arch Dis Child. 2006;91:814–819.
- Arslanoglu S et al. J Nutr. 2007;137:2420–4.
- Bruzzese E et al. Clinical Nutrition. 2009;28:156–61.
- Arslanoglu S et al. J Nutr. 2008;138:1091–5.
- Candy et al. Pediatr Res. 2018;83(3):677–86.
- Fox et al. Clin Transl Allergy. 2019;9:5.
- Burks et al. Ped Allergy Immunol. 2015;26:316–22.
- Taniuchi S et al. The Journal of Applied Research. 2005
- Huang YJ et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2017;139(4):1099–1110.
- Soto A et al. J Pediatr Gastroenterol Nutr. 2014;59(1): 78–88.
- Matsuki T et al. Appl Environ Microbiol. 1999;65(10):4506–12.
- Mikami K et al. Pharmaceuticals. 2012;(5)629–42.
- Inoue Y et al. Biol Pharm Bull. 2009;32(4):760–63.
- Hougee S et al. Int Arch Allergy Immunol. 2010;151(2):107–17.
*scGOS/lcFOS = short chain galacto-oligosaccharides and long chain fructo-oligosaccharides.
†UK 4 week single split arm study1-3: infants with non-IgE mediated CMA, baseline non-synbiotic EHFs vs Aptamil Pepti Syneo.
±12 week randomised controlled trial4,5: infants with atopic dermatitis, Aptamil Pepti Syneo vs Aptamil Pepti.
^subgroup of n=48 infants with IgE associated atopic dermatitis.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Breastfeeding is best. Aptamil Pepti Syneo is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of cow's milk allergy. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants from birth, and/or as part of a balanced diet from 6 months. Refer to label for details.