The only amino acid formula (AAF) in Ireland with fructo-oligosaccharides (FOS/FOS) and Bifidobacterium breve M-16V, proven to help restore the gut microbiota of cow’s milk allergy (CMA) infants to support immune development1-4 and long-term health.5-8
Effective CMA Symptom Resolution1-4,9
Randomised controlled trials, in both IgE-Mediated and Non-IgE Mediated CMA infants, demonstrate that Neocate Syneo effectively manages CMA symptoms1-4,9
When compared to a standard AAF, Neocate Syneo was associated with:
- 37% fewer symptoms10*
- 31% shorter clinical journey10*
Neocate Syneo is associated with clinical benefits beyond CMA symptom resolution, when compared to a standard AAF:4,10,11
Infants with a predisposition to atopy have delayed maturation of the Th1 response putting them at increased risk for infection in infancy and early childhood.12
Compared to children without cow’s milk allergy, significantly more children with cow’s milk allergy have been shown to experience infections and require antibiotic prescriptions, and at a significantly higher rate.13-18
When compared to a standard AAF, research shows Neocate Syneo is associated with:
- 35% lower rate of infections10*
- 47% lower rate of antibiotic prescriptions10*
- 56% reduction in hospitalisations due to infections4**,11
Healthcare professionals can request a tin of Neocate Syneo for professional evaluation†
†Product can be provided to patients upon the request of a Healthcare Professional. They are intended for the purpose of professional evaluation only.
Important notice: Breastfeeding is best. Neocate Syneo is a food for special medical purposes for the dietary management of Cow’s Milk Allergy, Multiple Food Protein Allergies and other conditions where an amino acid based formula is recommended. It should only be used under medical supervision, after full consideration of the feeding options available including breastfeeding. Suitable for use as the sole source of nutrition for infants under one year of age. Refer to label for details.
*Observational study of real world evidence in THIN GP database, Neocate Syneo vs Alfamino (Feb 2021)
** Exploratory outcomes from randomized control trials, Neocate Syneo Vs Neocate LCP
^A consecutive period of at least 3 months of no symptoms and no Hypoallergenic Formula (HAF) prescription was used as a composite outcome to comparatively estimate the clinical course of symptoms requiring HAF for each cohort.
- Candy DCA et al. Pediatr Res. 2018;83(3):677-86.
- Fox AT et al. Clin Transl Allergy. 2019;9:5.
- Burks AW et al. Ped Allergy Immunol. 2015;26:316-22.
- Chatchatee P, et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2021; S0091-6749(21)01053-8.
- Martin R et al. Benef Microbes. 2010. 1(4):367–82.
- Wopereis H et al. Pediatr Allergy Immunol. 2014. 25:428–38.
- West CE et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 135(1):3–13.
- Walker WA et al. Pediatr Res. 2015. 77(1):220–228.
- Harvey BM et al. Pediatr Res. 2014;75(2):343-51.
- Sorensen K, et al. Nutrients. 2021; 13(7):2205.
- Sorensen K, et al. Nutrients. 2021 Mar 14; 13(3):935
- Fiocchi A et al. Nutrients. 2021;13(11):3795.
- Sorensen K et al. Immun Inflamm Dis. 2022;10(3):e572.
- Woicka-Kolejwa K, et al. Postepy Dermatol Alergol. 2016 Apr ;33(2) :109-13.
- Meyer R et al. World Allergy Organ J. 2013;6(1):13.
- Zhang Y, et al. PLoS One. 2014;9:e86397.
- Kırıs M, et al. Int J Pediatr Otorhinolaryngol. 2012;76:1030-5.
- Nguyen LHP et al. J Allergy Clin Immunol. 2004;114:1110–5.