Introducing Peptisip Energy HP
Heavy on protein, light on the gut
Peptisip Energy HP is a high energy, high protein peptide-based Oral Nutritional Supplement (ONS). For the dietary management of disease related malnutrition in patients with impaired GI function.
Malnutrition is common across many patient groups. Up to 45% of patients with GI disorders are at risk of malnutrition.1,2
Read more about why malnutrition is prevalent in patients with GI disorders
Malnutrition is state of nutrition in which a deficiency of energy, protein, and other nutrients causes adverse effects on the body's size, composition and function resulting in poorer clinical outcomes.3
Why are patients with GI disorders at higher risk of malnutrition?
Patients with GI disorders can present with several symptoms such as diarrhoea, bloating, abdominal pain and vomiting4.
If symptoms are improperly managed, this may lead to:
Nutritional support is vital for patients with GI disorders, as emphasised in several ESPEN guidelines.5,6
Tolerance to formulations containing whole protein and fats is often poor in patients with GI disorders.4,7
In patients with GI disorders, when absorption and digestion of nutrients is impaired, peptide-based feeds have been shown to improve tolerance.4,7
* Medium chain triglycerides.
** Helps minimise electrolyte losses that occur in patients with GI intolerance symptoms.
† Helps meet Vitamin D requirements in patients with impaired GI function who are at risk of Vitamin D insufficiency and deficiency.
Click here for more product information
†† Lactose level below 300mg/kg
‡ Certified by the Halal Food Council of Europe.
‡‡ Nutricia has Kosher approval for this product.
Patient compliance to Peptisip Energy HP was 18% higher than with the prescribed baseline* ONS7. Increased compliance led to improved nutritional intake:7
* Prior to commencing the study patients were taking a different oral nutritional supplement.
** A p-value of ≤0.05 is statistically significant.
Read more about tolerability to see how Peptisip Energy HP led to improved nutritional intake
Peptisip Energy HP reduced the incidence and intensity of 7 out of 8 key GI symptoms.7
The only exception was bloating.
† A p-value of ≤0.05 is statistically significant.
Peptisip Energy HP has been studied7 in a variety of patients with complex conditions requiring a peptide-based ONS. Results from two of these patients have been collated and and presented as case studies, which can be accessed below:
Don't just take our word for it: see what patient's had to say about Peptisip Energy HP.7
Peptisip Energy HP was well accepted by trial participants7
Try Peptisip Energy HP for yourself: Order a free sample±
- Meijers J.M., Schol J.M., van Bokhorst-de van der Schueren M.A., et al. (2009) Malnutrition prevalence in The Netherlands: results of the annual Dutch national prevalence measurement of care problems. Br J Nutr., 101(3), pp. 417-23.
- Russell C. and Elia M. (2012) Nutrition screening survey in the UK and Republic of Ireland in 2011. Hospitals, care homes and mental health units [pdf]. BAPEN. Available from: bapen.org.uk/pdfs/nsw/nsw-2011-report [Accessed on: May 2022].
- Stratton R, Smith T, Gabe S. 2018 Managing malnutrition to improve lives and save money [pdf]. BAPEN. Available from: bapen.org.uk/pdfs/reports/mag/managing-malnutrition.pdf [Accessed: May 2022].
- Alexander D.D., Bylsma L.C., Elkayam L, et al. (2006) Nutritional and health benefits of semi elemental diets: A comprehensive summary of the literature. World J gastrointest Pharmacol Ther., 7(2), pp. 306-19.
- Forbes A., Eschere J., Herbuterne X. et al. (2017) ESPEN guidelines: Clinical nutrition in inflammatory bowel disease. Clin Nutr., 26(2), pp.321-47.
- Pironi L., Arends J., Bozzetti F., et al (2017) ESPEN guidelines on chronic intestinal failure in adults. Clin Nutr., 36(2), pp.247-307.
- Nutricia ACBS trial, data on file 2022.
- Arvanitakis M., Ockenga J., et al. (2020) ESPEN guidelines: Clinical nutrition in acute and chronic pancreatitis. Clin Nutr., 39(3), pp.612-631.
All products shown are Foods for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of disease related malnutrition in patients with malabsorption and/or maldigestion and must be used under medical supervision