Full madeira cake/loaf
7 Nutilis Clear scoops
Cream cheese icing (test to ensure cream cheese icing meets IDDSI Level 4 food consistency*)
- Roughly cut the madeira cake into chunks and add to your blender. Blend to a fine crumb.
- Take approximately 1.5 cups of the crumbed madeira cake and add to separate bowl.
- Add x7 scoops of Nutilis Clear (using the scoop in the Nutilis Clear tin) to the 200ml coffee. Stir well and leave coffee to stand until desired thickness has been achieved.
- Then mix the thickened coffee with the ~1.5 cups crumbed madeira. Mix well and leave to stand until the desired thickness has been achieved.
- Pipe the cake mix and IDDSI Level 4 cream cheese icing onto your serving plate using the video as a guide.
*In the case that the cream cheese icing is too sticky or firm, crème fraîche can be added to loosen the mixture. Always test foods in line with guidance from the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative before serving.
All food tests should be conducted in line with guidance from the International Dysphagia Diet Standardisation Initiative (IDDSI). Always test foods at the temperature at which they are intended to be served at.
For more information on how to prepare and present meals using Nutilis Clear, take a look at our chef’s preparation and presentation tip videos.
*Allergens may be present, please check individual product and ingredient labels. If concerned about allergens please contact your healthcare professional.
These recipes should form part of a healthy, varied diet and the amount of Nutilis Clear used in each recipe is used as an example and does not replace the advice of your Healthcare Professional. Individual requirements will vary so please refer to your Healthcare Professional if you are unsure how much Nutilis Clear is right for you.
This recipe is intended for patients, and carers, who have been prescribed Nutilis Clear by a healthcare professional. Nutilis Clear is a Food for Special Medical Purposes for the dietary management of dysphagia and must be used under medical supervision.